Bubba Jenkins stepped into MMA after an extraordinary collegiate wrestling career that saw him win in his senior year at Arizona State the 2011 NCAA title at 157 lbs. in grand fashion! Although he had won 14 National Championships, since the age of nine, his last one is the one he dreamt of the most…the NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS (OF THE WORLD)…we added “of the world”…because that is how he felt after winning it…on top of the world!! Rightly so and well deserved!
In 2008, at the Jr. World Olympic Championships in Beijing, China, Bubba showed a complete wrestling arsenal in order to win the gold medal!!! It was against all odds…no one believed he could do it (except he and his family), no one believed he would do it (except he and his family), and no one had recently done it (no, not even he or his family)!
Jenkins believes he excels during adverse times because he realizes…if God is before you (or as he likes to put it – “be for” you)…no one or any thing can be against you and prevail. His mantra is: “Be relentless in pursuit! – Never, never, never (yes…that’s three ‘nevers’) ever give up on your dreams!”
- MMA Fight Commentator for up and coming Odyssey Fights Productions
- 2012 “Up and Coming Rising Star” Bazzie Award by Bas Rutten (Nominee)
- 2011 – 157lb NCAA Champion
- 2008 Jr. World Gold Medalist
- Performed original rap song at Time Square
- Won the first ever Madison Square Garden Wrestling Event
- Has been an ESPN commentator and interviewer at NCAA tournaments